We offer 2 boarding docks at Varenna promenade
boarding dock at "Riva Grande" (in front of "Bar Il Molo")
boarding dock at "Royal Victoria Hotel" beach
BOARDING DOCK AT RIVA GRANDE
At 150 meters from ferries boarding docks and 300 meters from railway station. As you get at Varenna ferries docks go on along the promenade “Passeggiata dell’Amore” till you reach Riva Grande which you may recognize because it’s a line of shops and bars overlooking the lake, at the end you’ll find “Bar Il Molo”, we are at the lakeshore below.
Important: our office and welcome point is exactly in this point, at “Bar Il Molo” lakeshore.
BOARDING DOCK AT ROYAL VICTORIA HOTEL BEACH
At 250 meters from ferries boarding docks and 400 meters from railway station.
Arrived at our boarding point at “Bar Il Molo” it is possible to go on, always straight, along a narrow street that continues with a slight ascending along the lake shoreline;
you’ll get at a short staircase ending at “Hotel Royal Victoria” beach where lies our boarding dock.
Same point can be reached from Varenna centre main square, Piazza San Giorgio, following indications for “Hotel Royal Victoria” beach.
In case your appointment is at this boarding dock our manager Julia will be happy to give you indications at our “Bar Il Molo” boarding dock.
HOW TO GET IN VARENNA
FROM MAIN AIRPORTS
- from Milano Malpensa: it is possible to take Malpensa Shuttle with destionation to Milano Centrale railway station from where you can take the train with direction to Lecco and get off at Varenna-Esino Lario station – click here for informations about Malpensa Shuttle
- from Milano Linate: it is possible to take Linate Shuttle with destination Milano Centrale railway station from where you can take the train with direction to Lecco and get off at Varenna-Esino Lario railway station – click here for informations about Linate Shuttle
- from Milano Centrale railway station: it is possible to take the train with direction to Lecco and get off at Varenna-Esino Lario station – click here for timetables and online tickets – Trenitalia
- from main lake towns (Bellagio, Menaggio, etcetera): it is possible to travel by ferry both wiht youor car or as a simple passenger with destination at Varenna ferry docks – click here for timetable sand further informations – Navigazione Laghi
- from Milano: follow indications for Lecco specifically for Statale SS36 Lago di Como e Spluga, continue on it till you overtake Lecco then take first exit at the right indicated as Varenna, then follow the road crossing towns of Abbadia Lariana, Mandello and Lierna till you get in Varenna.
See car route
- from Lugano – Switzerland: from the highway exit at “Lugano Nord” and continue till you cross customs with Italy Statale SS340 with direction to Menaggio where you can cross the lake with the fery to get in Varenna.
View car route